We are a student run chapter of the Materials Research Society (MRS) open to anyone with an interest in materials at UC Davis. MRS is an organization of researchers from academia, industry, and government that promotes communication for the advancement of interdisciplinary materials research. By planning local events and attending national conferences, we hope to promote the agenda of MRS on our campus.
Recent Chapter Highlights
- The chapter is in need of fresh blood! Become an officer and influence the future direction of our club. Officer elections will be held on Feb 23, 2015. Time and location TBA.
- MRS student chapter helps organize 2013-2014 CHMS seminar series
Join us for a tour of Lawrence Berkeley National Lab's Molecular Foundary and Advanced Light Source on Wed, Feb 18th. Email our president, Sahar Hihath, for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Joining MRS To join MRS, please visit http://www.mrs.org/join/ and follow the instructions for first time members.
- Joining the UCD MRS chapter Sign up for the chapter group mailing list (see below). Send an email to our Treasurer, Jorgen Rufner -- email@example.com, including your name, department, year, whether you are a graduate or undergraduate student, and whether or not you are a national MRS member.
- Joining the group mailing list If you would like to hear more about upcoming events, please visit https://lists.ucdavis.edu/sympa, login if you need to, and search for mrs-davis in the left hand search box, "Search Lists". Single click "firstname.lastname@example.org", then click "Subscribe" in the lower left corner of the screen. The owners will add you to the list as soon as they can.